Please ensure you read and fully understand these booking terms and conditions. If anything is unclear, please contact us so we can explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when payment is received and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A non-refundable 25% deposit of the holiday cost is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than six weeks before your arrival date must be paid in full.
- The balance must be paid no later than six weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 6 weeks before it is due to start, then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 6 weeks before the holiday, then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control EG COVID travel restrictions. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed (6 persons + infant) and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representatives reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies normally commence at 4pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the rental by 10am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests in the given climate.
- Vaping or smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you.
- Pets -Only 2 pets max are allowed at one time
-Please don’t let pets onto the furniture, especially sofas and beds
-Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pets
- Damage – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you, pets or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage on the card that was used on the original booking transaction.
- Please do not move any furniture from one room to another.
- Please remove shoes before entering the house.
- Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- Please make sure you switch off lights, heating, air conditioning or any electrical appliances when you go out – we’re an eco-friendly holiday home.
- Please don’t take any bath towels with you to the beach. Use the beach towels provided.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building or grounds.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, water, internet connection or television service.
- The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- All inventory must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
- Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times. Never leave children without adult supervision.
- Please park your vehicles on the road outside ensuring cars do not block access to other properties. Additional parking is also found on the road immediately before turning right into the cul-de-sac
- Please respect the community and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 11 pm and 8 am.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Barbecue – please use the designated barbecue utensils and clean the barbecue after use.
- Candles are not allowed inside the house.
- Check-out – during Covid the property requires a deep clean to be done within the guidelines set out by the government. Check out is 10 am and we ask you to ensure you have emptied your bins, stripped beds and cleaned any dirty dishes.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right.
- Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
Prize Giveaway T's and C's
* The promoter is Shorelark Cottage.
* The competition is open to anyone 18 years or over except employees of Shorelark Cottage and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
* There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
* By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
* The route to entry for the competition is to like the post on our Facebook Page. Any additional action (including sharing a post, commenting, watch party, tagging etc) are done at the entrant’s discretion and do not impact the outcome of the giveaway.
* We will at no point contact any entrant via Direct Message to say they have won the giveaway and ask for a payment. Please do not give any billing information via messenger on Facebook to anyone who might try and pass off as an employee of Shorelark Cottage.
* We have the right to allow more than one entry per competition at times. We will notify specifically in the post if this is the case
* Closing date for entry will be stated in the post of the Facebook page. After this date, then no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
* No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
* The rules of the competition and how to enter are clearly stated in the Facebook post.
* The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control.
* Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
* The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
The prize will be clearly stated in the Facebook Post
* The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
* The prizes are not transferable.
* Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
* Winners will be chosen at random via the software platform that we will share if anyone wants to know more
* The winner will be notified by a notification on Facebook and within 28 days of the closing date.
* If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
* The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
* The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
* By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts.
* The winner’s name will be available via our Facebook page Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
* This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.